Movie Night Pop
Movie night is always a popular and enjoyable way to spend an evening. Once the film has been decided everyone finds their favorite spot and snuggles under a blanket or cuddles with the family pet. But the night isn’t complete without the perfect snack and popcorn and movies go together better than peas and carrots. For your next movie night invite over a friend, a grandchild or go it alone, but whatever you do, try Martha Stewarts Movie Crunch Popcorn recipe below. This one is sure to be a crowd pleaser. You can store it in an airtight container for up to two days.
Movie Crunch Popcorn
- YIELD: MAKES 5 QUARTS
SOURCE: MARTHA STEWART KIDS
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts plain popped popcorn
- Make caramel: In a medium saucepanover medium-high heat, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup, stirring until melted and combined. Cover; cook 2 minutes to let steam wash down sides of pan. Remove lid; cook until mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Slowly pour half the caramel over popcorn, stirring to break up clumps. Drizzle in remaining caramel; stir until cooled and no longer sticky. Serve at room temperature.