Art in the Park
June in Columbia brings warm nights, abundant sunshine and the Columbia Art League’s Art In The Park Festival. Located in central Columbia’s beautiful Stephen lake park, the Art in the Park Festival embraces local artists. Are you are looking for a new one- of- a- kind painting, stylish sculpture, unique handmade jewelry, or hand-painted scarf? Look no further! The 57th Annual Art in The Park Festival is the place to find it and many other wonderful treasures. The festival is free and open to the public, and food vendors will be on hand for delight your taste buds with local and diverse treats. The park opens at 10:00 am on Saturday, June 6 and closes at 4:00 pm on Sunday, June 7th.
For more information visit the Art in the Park’s Website.
Event: Columbia Art in the Park
Date: Saturday, June 6th & Sunday, June 7th, 2015
Time: Saturday- 10:00 am-4:00 pm, Sunday- 10:00 am- 4:00 pm
Location: Stephens Lake Park, 2001 E. Broadway, Columbia MO 65201 (map)
While there will be food trucks and food vendors, you can always bring along your favorite refreshing drink. Frozen lemonade stays cool in an insulated tumbler for hours. Consider trying Martha Stewart’s recipe below.
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon and orange juices with the lemongrass and set aside for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Add 4 cups of water, the sugar, and honey. Pour into a baking pan and freeze 1 to 2 hours.
- Using a fork, loosen the lemonade from the pan and return to the freezer for 20 minutes more.
- Scoop into the chilled bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth. Spoon among 4 tall glasses and serve.